Truffle Parmesan Shoestring French Fries Recipe. What can I say about truffle oil that doesn’t include the word delicious? The first time I had truffle oil on french fries was also coincidentally, the last time I had french fries WITHOUT truffle oil!
The added Parmesan cheese brings the melded flavors together with an absolute BANG!
I also chose to make shoestring fries, which is not necessary, you cut the potatoes into regular fry shape, I just prefer the shoestring fries because I feel they absorb the most flavor.
There are 2 keys to making the very best french fries. The first is to soak the fries in cold water to remove the starch and the second is to double-fry the potatoes. This gives them a hyper-crunch texture.
Bonus if you have a mandolin to cut the fries, it will save you a good deal of time, but if not, feel free to cut them the old fashioned way (I did!).
You are going to absolutely love this recipe. I cannot stress enough how well french fries go with Parmesan cheese and truffle oil. I used white truffle oil on my fries but feel free to use black truffle oil if that is what you have on hand!
Live to Eat!
- 3 Large Idaho Potatoes (peeled)
- 1 Quart Peanut Oil for Frying (can sub canola or vegetable)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Reggiano Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon White Truffle Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- Julienne the Potatoes into 1/16" slices and place in a cold water bath for 30 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, in a large fry pot, heat the oil to 350 degrees.
- In small batches, fry the potatoes for 2 minutes and place on a paper towel to dry.
- Once all the potatoes are fried, re-fry again in small batches for an additional 2 minutes.
- Immediately place french fries in a bowl and add toss in the rest of the ingredients.
I purchased white truffle oil in Italy last year. This will be the first I am using it can’t wait.
Sounds like an awesome plan! You cannot beat truffle oil from Italy!
Great, awesome fries!!!!