Man do I love my slow cooker! The crock pot is hands down the greatest invention in the history of man (ok maybe that’s taking it a little too far), but man oh man does slow cooking meat for 8 hours do something extraordinary to the taste.
And this root beer braised short rib sandwich recipe is not short on taste I can guarantee that. On top of slow cooking short rib for 8 hours, this sandwich is topped with beer battered onion rings bringing an awesome addition to the overall flavor.
It all starts with the short rib. Stuff those babies into your crock pot and get ready to prepare the sauce.
Root beer give such a cool flavor to short rib. I like to use a lot of it to get it infused into the meat. Be sure to choose your favorite root beer when making this recipe.
Pour the sauce over the short rib making sure to completely drown the meat in it. Cover with your crock pot lit and set to low heat for 8 hours.
Get a nice bun and pile on a nice serving of the short rib. Top with beer battered onion rings and … well I don’t really need to tell you what to do next!
Live to Eat!
- 1½ Cups Root Beer
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- ¼ Cup Orange Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Worcester Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Molasses
- 1 Small Onion Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ½ Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 3½ Pounds Short Rib
- Coat short rib with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Pre-heat crock pot.
- Combine remaining ingredients into a saucepan and quickly bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add meat to crock pot and cover in sauce.
- Slow cook for 8 hours on low temperature.
- Slice and toast buns.
- Layer buns with short rib and onion rings
- Use leftover sauce in crock pot to pour over the sandwich before eating.