5.0 from 1 reviews
Philly Cheesesteak Puff Pastry Pockets
Philly Cheesesteak Puff Pastry Pockets Recipe: Philadelphia is my favorite city in the US so it is about freaking time that I did a recipe involving around the place! So here we go, I have turned the cheesesteak into a homemade puff pastry or in other terms, a gourmet Hot Pocket.
Author: Cooking Divine
Serves: 4 Servings
- 1 Box Frozen Puff Pastry Dough (14-16oz)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 Bell Pepper (chopped)
- ½ Pound Steak (chopped)
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Egg
- Sea Salt for Topping
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ⅛ Cup Flour
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
- Heat the oil in a medium sauce pan on med high
- Add the peppers and onions and cook until soft (3-5 mins)
- Add the steak and brown
- Remove all from heat and set aside
- Defrost the puff pastry dough then lay out on a smooth surface that is dusted with flour
- Cut the pastry dough into equal squares (6-8 depending on size you want pockets to be)
- Add a small amount of Steak, Peppers and Onions to half of the pastry shapes.
- Top each with an equal amount of cheese.
- Take other half of pastry shapes and lay over top, seal them together with a fork.
- Egg wash the outside, cut slits on the top and sprinkle some sea salt on top of each pastry pocket.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.