Philly Cheesesteak Puff Pastry Pockets Recipe: Philadelphia is my favorite city in the US so it is about freaking time that I did a recipe involving around the place! So here we go, I have turned the cheesesteak into a homemade puff pastry or in other terms, a gourmet Hot Pocket.
This is another recipe that I decided to go Maverick on and just kind of wing it. What I found is that it is a heck of a lot easier to make then I would have thought. Simply saute some peppers and onions, brown the steak, cut out some squares from pastry sheet, assemble and throw in the oven. It really was one of the easier recipes that I have had the pleasure to make.
But don’t let the skill level required be a beacon for it’s taste, these pockets pack a powerful punch of amazing flavor. I was quite pleased with the outcome and I know you will be too!
Here is a quick series of photos detailing how to assemble the Philly cheesesteak puff pastry pockets:
Live to Eat!
- 1 Box Frozen Puff Pastry Dough (14-16oz)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 Bell Pepper (chopped)
- ½ Pound Steak (chopped)
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Egg
- Sea Salt for Topping
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ⅛ Cup Flour
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
- Heat the oil in a medium sauce pan on med high
- Add the peppers and onions and cook until soft (3-5 mins)
- Add the steak and brown
- Remove all from heat and set aside
- Defrost the puff pastry dough then lay out on a smooth surface that is dusted with flour
- Cut the pastry dough into equal squares (6-8 depending on size you want pockets to be)
- Add a small amount of Steak, Peppers and Onions to half of the pastry shapes.
- Top each with an equal amount of cheese.
- Take other half of pastry shapes and lay over top, seal them together with a fork.
- Egg wash the outside, cut slits on the top and sprinkle some sea salt on top of each pastry pocket.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
Made this for company last night….it was amazing
Saw your recipe on Tasty Kitchen and it looks so yummy!! Love puff pastry and cheesesteaks so can’t wait to make these for good game day eats 🙂
Awesome! I’m glad you enjoyed finding the recipe, they will definitely live up to your expectations! Thanks for stopping by the site.
I love how easy these are to make. Definitely want to give the recipe a go.
BINGO!!!!!! Have puff pastry in freezer for months, and was was too intimidated to try using it. An making this tonite.. Will post the results.
Awesome! I look forward to hearing about it.
Additionally you must be at least 13 years of age to play or download Brawl Stars.
In addition you have the benefit of amazing and top notch customer support
Hey Mayors, 8/10 Sims agree actual boats have sails!
Could these be frozen after baking?
Simply it is usually known as Google play.