This is a super easy and quick appetizer to make and damn delicious might I add. The fresh herb coated goat cheese compliments the sun-dried tomatoes magnificently. The baguettes come out crispy on the outside with a chewy center. All together these goat cheese and sun-dried tomato baguettes should be an absolute go to appetizer to add to your repertoire.
The key to this recipe is in the fresh ingredients. The only dried ingredient you want to use are the tomatoes. Everything else – the thyme, rosemary and mint should all be 100% fresh.
By pre-baking the baguette slices in the oven you will ensure that you do not overcook the goat cheese. You just want it to be nice and warm when you pull out of the oven.
I also recommend serving these bad boys immediately after baking.
Easy Peasy – Eat to Live!
- 12 Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 Baguette
- 4 Oz Goat Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Mint (Chopped Finely)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary (Chopped Finely)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme (Chopped Finely)
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut a baguette roll into 12 pieces. (Cut diagonally in order to maximize surface area of the bread).
- Brush both sides of each baguette piece with the olive oil and place on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top side of baguettes.
- Bake baguettes in oven for 10 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Lower oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- Chop the fresh mint, rosemary and thyme and mix together.
- Roll the goat cheese so that it is evenly coated with all the herbs.
- Top each baguette with a sun-dried tomato.
- Spread an equal amount of herb coated goat cheese atop each sun-dried tomato baguette.
- Place the baguettes back in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove, drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.