Orange Sriracha Mayonnaise. Technically you could call these duck flautas an Asian-Mexican fusion, which is something you do not see every day. That is part of the reason why I love this recipe so much, anything that steps outside of the norm and tastes this delicious always finds a soft spot in my heart (an stomach). Making flautas is incredibly easy as well, not to mention they are fried and who doesn’t like a good fried appetizer? The key to this recipe is to drop the duck breast into the fryer for about 2 minutes before assembling the flautas. If you skip this step then the duck will remain chewy and ruin the texture of the recipe. Once you put everything together including the green onions, you will be more then tempted to add this to your top 10 list of appetizers! Live to Eat!
Crispy Duck Flautas with Orange Sriracha Mayonnaise
Crispy Duck Flautas with Orange Sriracha Mayonnaise Recipe Amazing appetizer with a powerfully savory flavor.
Author: Cooking Divine
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 12 flautas
- 6 Six Inch Flour Tortillas
- ½ Pound Duck Breast
- 1 Cup Green Onions (chopped)
- 6 Tablespoons Orange Sriracha Mayonnaise (recipe here)
- 1½ Cups Monty Jack Cheese
- ½ Cup Flour
- Oil for Frying
- Heat a pot of oil to 350 degrees.
- Cut the duck breast into thin strips.
- Fry the duck strips for 2 minutes.
- Lay out 6 tortillas and spread 1 T of orange Sriracha mayonnaise on each.
- Layer each tortilla with equal parts cheese, duck and green onions.
- Roll each tortilla tightly.
- Fry in small batches for 3-5 minutes each, until crispy and cheese is melted.
- Remove from fryer, pat dry and cut in half.