Deep Fried Chicken Quesadilla Recipe: So Jared, you can’t possibly make a quesadilla taste any freaking better! But au contraire mon frère, I can chuck it in a deep fryer which makes everything better. And when Jared makes an appetizer of this quality then Jared gets to talk in the third person!
And this appetizer is the (insert 4 letter word)ing bomb! Not to mention it is super easy to make. I recommend using some rotisserie chicken from your grocery store. Just shred it up, maybe mix in some BBQ sauce for some moisture and you will be good to go.
Also do not forget to make some quality Guacamole to dip these bad boys in. The flavor will blow your mind.
Live to Eat!
- 12 Fajita Size Tortillas (about 6 inches wide)
- 3 Cups Monterey Jack Cheese (shredded)
- 1 Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 Cups Chicken (shredded)
- 2 Cups Unseasoned Bread Crumbs
- 2 Eggs
- Salt and Pepper for Seasoning
- Oil for Frying
- Saute the peppers and onions in a medium saucepan until onions are translucent and the peppers soften (5-7 mins).
- Add the chicken to warm it up (2 mins)
- Place 6 tortillas on a flat surface - add a small portion of chicken/pepper/onion and top with shredded cheese.
- Top each with the remaining tortillas.
- In a shallow pan (large enough to fit tortillas) beat the eggs.
- In another pan (same size) spread the bread crumbs.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil to 350 degrees.
- Dip the quesadillas in the egg on both sides then dip both sides into the bread crumbs.
- Fry each side for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.