Cilantro and avocado cream soup – I love the simplicity of this recipe. Not only is it easy and quick to make, it tastes amazing! Feel free to dip your tortilla chips directly into this creamy bowl of deliciousness, I certainly didn’t hesitate.
When making this recipe you should take heed to use overripe avocados (they will be extra squishy). This makes it easier for them to melt into the cream and stock base. If your avocados are hard to the touch, then you might want to wait a day or two before making this soup.
Since this is a cream based soup, I would recommend eating it right away. I typically do not like to store cream based soups. But since this is so easy to make you shouldn’t have a problem!
As always… Live to Eat!
- 3 Ripe Avocados
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 4 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Peel and remove pits from avocados - place in bowl.
- Mash avocados finely with a fork and set aside.
- In a medium pot heat the cream, chicken stock and fresh cilantro on high heat until it begins to bowl.
- Lower heat and add the avocado.
- Continue to cook until avocado is melted into the soup base.
- Remove from heat and place in blender. Blend together until smooth (BE VERY CAREFUL BLENDING HOT LIQUIDS).
- Return to pot and heat on medium low - add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.