Spicy and Cheesy Italian Long Hot Garlic Bread Recipe: This one was a long time coming. I have made this spicy garlic bread in the past to astounding results and have had it on my hit list for quite some time. You can have this recipe up and on the table within 20 minutes and it is guaranteed to amaze! If you do not have access to Italian long hots, then simply sub in jalapenos. Both pair very well with the garlic, butter and cheesy mozzarella cheese!
Garlic and butter…. I am not sure there are two things on this planet that cook better together. When you add some fresh Italian bread to the mix you are more than half way to heaven! If you want to go all the way, well that’s where the mozzarella cheese comes in!
Does anyone eat garlic bread without melted cheese anymore? If so, I am not sure I can trust that person unless they are allergic.
Don’t think that you need to make this with a spaghetti dinner either. This cheesy garlic bread recipe works just fine as a stand alone. I like the simplicity and brevity of the recipe. It adds an extra game changer to your party and doesn’t cost you a lot of time in preparation.
As always… Live to Eat!
- 1 Loaf of Italian Bread
- 8 Tablespoons Butter (melted)
- 5 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 1 Italian Long Hot (chopped)
- ½ Tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- Parsley for Garnish *optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place shelf near the top.
- Cut Italian loaf in half lengthwise.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and brush bread with it (leave some to pour on top later)
- Leaving the cheese aside, top the bread with ¾ of the remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until crispy.
- Remove from oven and turn oven to broil.
- Add the cheese on top, then sprinkle remaining ¼ of ingredients, and top with a little melted butter.
- Return to oven for 3-5 minutes until cheese is bubbling and melted.
- Cut in strips and serve!
The best garlic bread I ever made!!!
This is probably the prettiest garlic bread I’ve ever seen.
Thanks Dana! It tastes as good as it looks.
I’m making it tonight to pair with ravioli. Can’t wait! I’ll post it on Insta and give you a shout out.
Awesome!! Can’t wait to hear how it turns out.
Yes! Garlicky Italian bread AND cheese? Send a plate my way please
Haha Thanks! Garlic and cheese are quite possibly the two best things in the world!