Any scotch lovers out there? Ice cream is hands down my favorite thing to make (not to mention eat), and anyone who knows me knows that I love using alcohol when making ice cream. It adds a great flavor to the dessert but it also keeps the texture in line. When using alcohol you do not have to worry as much about getting the dreaded ice crystals in your finished product because the scotch does not freeze and keeps your ice cream very smooth.
I happened to use Balvenie in my single malt butterscotch ice cream recipe but feel free to substitute any scotch you like. And in case you were wondering, single malt is not necessary when making this recipe – there’s nothing wrong with using a little Johnny Walker if you don’t have a bottle of single malt lying around.
I also use a full shot of scotch in my recipe which gives it a powerful infusion into the ice cream, if you want to tone down the alcohol flavor a bit just cut it in half.
Oh and when following the instructions on cooking the ice cream with the egg yolks, your custard base is ready when it is thick enough to leave a tracer of your finger along the back of a spoon… check out the image below for reference.
Bain taitneamh as do bhéil!
- 5 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream (Separated)
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 4 Egg Yolks
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Shot (1 oz) of Single Malt Scotch Whiskey
- Set aside 1 cup of heavy cream in a metal bowl sitting in an ice bath.
- Melt the butter, sugar and salt in a sauce pan on medium heat.
- Whisk in the milk and remaining cream all at once.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add half the heated ice cream base to the egg yolks while rapidly whisking as to prevent the eggs from cooking.
- Pour the egg/ice cream base back into the pan and cook on low temperature 3-6 minutes until thick enough to leave a tracer of your finger across the back of a spoon.
- Pour the heated custard mix through a fine mesh strainer into the 1 cup of cream sitting in the ice bath.
- Add the scotch and vanilla extract and mix together.
- Allow to cool to room temperature then cover and refrigerate 2 hours - overnight.
- Freeze the ice cream mixture in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturers specifications.
- Freeze the ice cream overnight.
Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on websites I
stumbleupon on a daily basis. It’s always useful to read through articles from other writers and use a little something from their web sites.
Conozco alguno productos
geniales para mejorar el aspecto de la piel, todos los consigo
tiendas en línea, los que mas me han gustado son los de Shop Salud,
tienen una gran variedad de productos para el cuidado
Hello, i feel that i saw you visited my web site so i came to return the want?.I am trying to in finding issues to
improve my website!I assume its adequate to use some of your ideas!!
Have you ever thought about adding a little bit
more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is fundamental and everything.
However think about if you added some great visuals or videos to give your posts more, “pop”!
Your content is excellent but with pics and videos, this site could definitely be one of the very best in its field.
Howdy very nice web site!! Guy .. Excellent .. Wonderful ..
I will bookmark your website and take the feeds additionally?
I’m glad to search out numerous helpful information here within the put up, we want work
out extra techniques on this regard, thanks for sharing.
. . . . .
hello!,I like your writing so a lot! percentage we keep up a correspondence extra
approximately your article on AOL? I require a specialist in this house to solve my problem.
Maybe that is you! Taking a look ahead to peer
Thanks for finally talking about >Single Malt Butterscotch Ice Cream – Cooking Divine <Loved it!
It is actually a nice and useful piece of info.
I am glad that you simply shared this useful info
with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.
I do not even know how I finished up right here, but I thought
this submit was great. I don’t recognize who you are but definitely you’re going to a well-known blogger for those who aren’t already.
I got this web page from my pal who shared with me on the topic of this website and at the
moment this time I am visiting this website and reading
very informative posts at this place.
It’s remarkable in support of me to have a web page, which is useful
in favor of my know-how. thanks admin