My love affair with mint continues with Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies. This is a unique twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie recipe. I added the green food coloring simply because it looks really cool!
I also like to add a little more mint (cause why not?) by incorporating some quality chopped mint chocolate in place of regular old plain chocolate chips.
I even went absolutely crazy and put some Fresh Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream in between some of the cookies and made double mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches.
If you love mint like I do and you love cookies (who doesn’t love cookies), then go ahead and give this bad boy a try. You won’t regret it.
Live To Eat!!
- 16 Tablespoons Butter
- 1½ Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Food Coloring
- 1 Teaspoon Mint Extract
- 2¾ Cups Flour (All Purpose)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Mint Chocolate Bar (chopped) or 1 Cup Mint Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs, mint extract and food coloring, mix until completely blended.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate.
- Mix in the egg and butter mixture gently until completely combined.
- Roll the dough into roughly 1 Tablespoon sized balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies for 8-12 minutes until slightly browned on the bottom.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.