Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Sweet Potato Chips
Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Sweet Potato Chips Recipe: You'll never buy store bought potato chips again!
Author: Cooking Divine
Recipe type: Snacks
Serves: 8 servings
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- Salt (for water)
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- Peanut Oil (for frying, sub veg if allergies)
- Peel and thinly slice yams. Rinse and add to a pot of water mixed with salt.
- Allow to sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Remove slices and place in colander to drain. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat a pot of oil to 375 degrees.
- Fry the chips in small batches for 2-4 minutes, each batch, until crispy.
- Place sugar and cinnamon in bowl, add the chips as you complete frying each batch.
- Coat generously and serve.