Garlic-Herb Crumbed Tomato Bake Recipe: Summer’s in New Jersey get me excited about many things but when it comes to food, you cannot beat a sweet, juicy Jersey Tomato! This recipe is very refreshing and makes for a wonderful side dish to compliment a summer time meal.
I look forward to outdoor eating all winter long. There is no better feeling than a warm summer night (preferably with a nice breeze), accompanied with a nice glass of wine in one hand and a fork full of something delicious in the other! Something about getting the family together and sharing a meal on the back porch just adds to the flavor of the meal, call me crazy.
This tomato bake is simple to make and is incredibly versatile. You can serve it next to BBQ, pasta or just about anything.
And let’s be honest, everything is better with garlic!
Live to Eat!
- 6 Large Tomatoes Sliced Medium-thin
- 4 Cups Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Oregano (chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil (chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Reggiano
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine breadcrumbs, oregano, basil, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and slowly mix into the breadcrumb mixture.
- In a 2 quart baking dish, layer half the breadcrumbs and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, layer tomatoes, drizzle the top with olive oil and then layer the rest of the bread crumb mixture.
- Bake uncovered for additional 15 minutes