Garlic-Herb Crumbed Tomato Bake
Garlic-Herb Crumbed Tomato Bake Recipe: Summer's in New Jersey get me excited about many things but when it comes to food, you cannot beat a sweet, juicy Jersey Tomato! This recipe is very refreshing and makes for a wonderful side dish to compliment a summer time meal.
Author: Cooking Divine
- 6 Large Tomatoes Sliced Medium-thin
- 4 Cups Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Oregano (chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil (chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Reggiano
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine breadcrumbs, oregano, basil, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and slowly mix into the breadcrumb mixture.
- In a 2 quart baking dish, layer half the breadcrumbs and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, layer tomatoes, drizzle the top with olive oil and then layer the rest of the bread crumb mixture.
- Bake uncovered for additional 15 minutes