Honey Graham Cracker Coated Chicken Fingers. I find the salty-crunchy-sweet triad is a match made in heaven for chicken. This love affair was born at Planet Hollywood with their now famous Captain Crunch Coated Chicken Tenders! Don’t be afraid to experiment yourself with new flavors to put on your chicken appetizers. Then do me a favor and visit CookingDivine.com and let me know about them, I would love to see how they come out! Live to Eat!
Cinnamon and Sugar Pretzel Coated Chicken Bites
Cinnamon and Sugar Pretzel Coated Chicken Bites Recipe, the perfect combination of salty and sweet with a big hearty crunch!
Author: Cooking Divine
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 24 pieces
- 1 Pound Chicken Tenderloins
- ½ Cup Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups Thin Salted Pretzels
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl add the flour and salt and mix well.
- Cut the chicken tenderloins into 1 inch pieces and coat generously in the flour. Set aside to dry (1 minute).
- Finely crush the pretzels in either a freezer bag or in a mortar and pestle bowl.
- Add the crushed pretzels into a separate bowl and mix in the cinnamon and sugar.
- Whisk the eggs in a third bowl.
- Dip the flour chicken pieces into the egg and then allow the excess to drip off.
- Roll the floured and egged chicken bites into the sugar, cinnamon pretzel mix and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then turn over the chicken bites and bake an additional 8-10 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked and the outside is crunchy and brown.
- Serve with honey mustard or your favorite dip.