Chocolate Guinness Stout Ice Cream with Honey Roasted Peanuts
Chocolate Guinness Stout Ice Cream with Honey Roasted Peanuts Recipe Great wintertime homemade ice cream recipe.
Author: Cooking Divine
Recipe type: Ice Cream
Serves: 1 quart
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 4 Egg Yolks
- ½ Cup Guinness Stout
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Honey Roasted Peanuts
- Set aside ½ cup of Guinness Stout in a metal bowl resting over ice water and place a fine mesh strainer atop the bowl.
- Set aside a bowl with 4 egg yolks beaten.
- In a medium sauce pan combine the milk, cream, cocoa powder, sugar and salt and heat on medium.
- Continue to heat mixture until sugar dissolves and it starts to boil.
- Slowly add heated cream base into the beaten egg yolks while whisking fast in order to prevent the eggs from cooking.
- Pour the egg/cream mixture back into the sauce pan and heat on medium low until it thickens enough to cover the back of a spoon (SEE IMAGE BELOW).
- Pour heated mixture through strainer into the Guinness. Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Allow to cool to room temperature and refrigerate 2 hours - overnight.
- Crush peanuts and set aside.
- Freeze ice cream according to ice cream maker manufactures instructions.
- Add the peanuts right before removing from ice cream maker and fold so that they are evenly distributed.
- Freeze ice cream overnight.