I had this at one of my favorite places to get a beer and a bite to eat. The cheesy crunch of the Cheetos compliments the Brussels sprouts quite nicely! The dish is also extremely easy and quick to make. I took the liberty of adding some crushed red pepper flakes to provide some extra kick. Another great idea would be to use the “Flaming Hot” flavored Cheetos if you like things super spicy!
Make sure you use fresh and not frozen Brussels sprouts. And don’t saute at too high of a heat, I like a medium flame so as to not burn the Brussels sprouts before you can get them the right texture.
I also recommend using low sodium chicken broth when boiling so that the recipe doesn’t come out too salty.
Overall the Cheetos Coated Brussels Sprouts recipe isn’t that bad for you! While I wouldn’t quite call it super-healthy, the recipe is mostly vegetable!
Live to Eat!
- 1 Cup Cheetos (or 1 Small Bag)
- 1 Pound Brussels Sprouts
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ¾ Cup Chicken Broth (Low Sodium)
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- Chop Cheetos in food processor into small crumbs and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and saute for 4 mins (will be fragrant).
- Add garlic, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes, continue to saute for an additional 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil for 2-4 minutes, until the Brussels sprouts are soft with a little bit of crunch.
- Drain remaining chicken broth.
- Dip Brussels sprouts in the Cheetos crumbs and serve.