Cheese Stuffed Meatballs Wrapped in Bacon and Pastry Dough
Cheese Stuffed Meatballs Wrapped in Bacon and Pastry Dough Recipe Bacon, Meatballs and Mozzarella Cheese in a Puff Pastry Shell.
Author: Cooking Divine
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 Pound of Ground Veal/Beef/Pork (or sub ground beef)
- 6 Oz Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 12 Bacon Strips
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 3 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Worcester Sauce
- ¼ Cup Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 2 Puff Pastry Dough Sheets
- 2 Tablespoons Butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- In a bowl, gently fold together the meat, eggs, milk, bread crumbs, garlic, Worcester sauce, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Make 6 large meatballs, stuff each with an oz of fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Wrap each meatball with 2 strips of bacon.
- Fry each meatball until the bacon is crisp and let cool for 5 mins.
- Defrost and roll out the pastry dough until it is 1/16 inch thick.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 3 equal parts each.
- Wrap the meatballs in the pastry dough and pinch closed (no air vents needed).
- Brush each pastry meatball with melted butter.
- Place the meatballs on a baking sheet and cook for 25 mins.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.