Buttermilk Bacon Fried Chicken Tenders
Buttermilk Bacon Fried Chicken Tenders Recipe: Need we say more? If you are looking for the ultimate comfort food then you have come to the right place and the perfect post. These flavorful chicken tenders combine two of the greatest flavors in fried food - buttermilk and bacon!
Author: Cooking Divine
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 4 servings
- 1½ - 2 Pounds Chicken Tenders
- 2 Cups Buttermilk
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Paprika
- 1½ Cups Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Cup Bacon (chopped)
- Canola Oil for Frying
- Combine the ingredients for the chicken marinade and let the chicken marinate 2 hours - overnight.
- Heat a pot of canola oil for frying (roughly 4 - 6 inches of oil)
- In a bowl: combine ingredients for the fried coating. Slowly add some of the buttermilk marinade to the dry mixture until it is slightly clumpy.
- Dip the chicken into the flour mixture and coat evenly.
- Fry in oil 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Let slightly cool on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Serve immediately.