I love how simple these hot wings are to make, in fact the title “6 Minute Red Hot Buffalo Wings” is due to the fact that you can make these from start to finish in just 6 minutes. The sauce is absolutely amazing; but be warned, you will SWEAT when eating these.
I love the taste of Franks Red Hot, so when making my wings I like to choose their hot sauce as my go to option. However, they also have a wing hot sauce, but I don’t recommend using it, the plain hot sauce works better with the butter and spices.
If you want a slightly healthier version of these wings then simply bake them rather than fry them. It will lose a little flavor but it won’t kill the recipe.
I love making these during football season and with the Super Bowl coming up in just a couple of days this recipe is arriving just in time. Feel free to make them for your Super Bowl party. A nice blue cheese dip never hurt anyone either!
Live to Eat!
- 12 Chicken Wings (Split into 2 Giving You 6 Wingette and 6 Drumettes) or 24 if Bought Prepared
- 2-4 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Cup Hot Sauce (I use Franks Red Hot)
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper
- Blue Cheese or Ranch for Dipping
- Split the chicken wings if bought whole so you have drumettes and wingettes (you can live on the tips if you like).
- Lightly coat each chicken piece with flour, salt and pepper.
- Prepare a medium pot with vegetable oil for frying.
- In a small pot add the butter, hot sauce, cayenne, paprika and crushed red pepper. Heat on medium low until the butter melts.
- Fry the wings for 3-5 minutes until golden brown and fully cooked.
- Drop the wings into the pot with sauce and coat generously.
- Place wings in a dish and pour remaining sauce on top.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
A recipe that was easy for the limited experience cooker that my husband loves. Win-win!!!
I made this for Superbowl and it was a huge hit! So easy to make too!
Was a big hit at my Super Bowl party….
Glad you enjoyed! They are so quick an easy to make, great when you need something fast!
A friend of mine made these for a Super Bowl party. Needless to say they will be made again and again. Great taste.
It’s hard to believe that something so delicious and flavoursome can be created in such a short amount of time. These hot wings look awesome!!
Yeah! You’re supposed to sweat when you eat hot wings!! Love it…reminds me of growing up in the south. 🙂
I couldn’t agree with you more! Thanks Brooke.
I made these but apparently frying them isn’t that great your only cooking the outside then cooking the inside so bake it first then fry for 6 mins. My first batch I had to put them in the oven for a bit since my husband had an opinion on it and decided to make himself something to eat as per to say I poisoned him.