I love how simple these hot wings are to make, in fact the title “6 Minute Red Hot Buffalo Wings” is due to the fact that you can make these from start to finish in just 6 minutes. The sauce is absolutely amazing; but be warned, you will SWEAT when eating these.
I love the taste of Franks Red Hot, so when making my wings I like to choose their hot sauce as my go to option. However, they also have a wing hot sauce, but I don’t recommend using it, the plain hot sauce works better with the butter and spices.
If you want a slightly healthier version of these wings then simply bake them rather than fry them. It will lose a little flavor but it won’t kill the recipe.
I love making these during football season and with the Super Bowl coming up in just a couple of days this recipe is arriving just in time. Feel free to make them for your Super Bowl party. A nice blue cheese dip never hurt anyone either!
Live to Eat!
- 12 Chicken Wings (Split into 2 Giving You 6 Wingette and 6 Drumettes) or 24 if Bought Prepared
- 2-4 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Cup Hot Sauce (I use Franks Red Hot)
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper
- Blue Cheese or Ranch for Dipping
- Split the chicken wings if bought whole so you have drumettes and wingettes (you can live on the tips if you like).
- Lightly coat each chicken piece with flour, salt and pepper.
- Prepare a medium pot with vegetable oil for frying.
- In a small pot add the butter, hot sauce, cayenne, paprika and crushed red pepper. Heat on medium low until the butter melts.
- Fry the wings for 3-5 minutes until golden brown and fully cooked.
- Drop the wings into the pot with sauce and coat generously.
- Place wings in a dish and pour remaining sauce on top.
- Serve with dipping sauce.