Slow Cook Pumpkin Butter Chicken Recipe: The month of pumpkin madness continues with this pumpkin chicken Croque-Pot recipe. I added plenty of sweet potatoes and butternut squash so that this meal can be made in one simple pot and served over a bed of rice. It is a very simple recipe with a lot of unique fall flavors. You could easily sub turkey meat for the chicken for some added Thanksgiving dinner leftovers.
I love when you get to the last couple of hours of a slow cooked meal, that is when the aroma starts to permeate throughout the kitchen. This is especially true when you are cooking with the type of spices jammed into this pumpkin chicken recipe. It really puts you in the autumn state of mind.
I have been on a pumpkin kick lately… It’s normally not my favorite type of recipe, but the demand for it has been increasingly high every fall so I figured I would give it a go. I have to admit, I am starting to be convert! I found this recipe especially tasty. It makes a ton of chicken and I now have a very large Tupperware container hanging out in my fridge just waiting to be picked on all week.
I think Pumpkin Pie is going to have to hit my list of recipes to make in the near future! Stay tuned for Pumpkin Spiced Latte Ice Cream – Coming Soon!
Enjoy…. Live to Eat!
- 2 Medium Yellow Onions (quartered)
- 2 Sweet Potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 2- 2½ Pounds Boneless Chicken Breast
- 3 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 8 Tablespoons Butter (1 stick)
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 3 Cups Peeled and Cubed Butternut Squash
- 1 Can Pumpkin Puree (non-flavored 15 oz)
- Layer the onions and the sweet potatoes on the bottom of the Croque-Pot.
- Add the chicken, vegetable broth, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, salt and pumpkin puree.
- Top with butternut squash, cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove from Croque-Pot, shred chicken and lay over a bed of rice.
- Pour sauce on top of dish before serving.