I have been itching to make a quesadilla pizza recipe since I started to cook. Why it took this long I have no idea! After I made this recipe, I am not even ashamed to admit that I wolfed down the entire thing in about 2 minutes flat!
This particular quesadilla pizza is made with sausage, pepperoni and bell peppers, but feel free to be creative with the toppings you want to put on this beautiful dish. Pretty much anything goes with this one but I must say the pepperoni and sausage are DAMN GOOD together!
- 2 Burrito Size Tortillas
- 2½ Tablespoons Olive Oil (divided)
- 8 Oz Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- 24 Slices Pepperoni
- ½ Cup Pizza Sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 1 Large Sausage Link (casing removed)
- ¼ Cup Bell Pepper (red, orange or yellow)
- 6 Fresh Basil Leaves
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and move a rack to bottom shelf.
- In a saucepan heat 1 T of olive oil.
- Chop bell peppers and saute until soft (3-5 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Grease a pizza pan or baking sheet with 1 T olive oil.
- Layer 1 tortilla followed by 4 oz cheese, pepperoni, 2nd tortilla, pizza sauce, 4 oz cheese, pieces of sausage (uncooked), bell peppers, basil, salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake pizza on bottom shelf for 12-15 minutes until cheese is bubbling and tortillas are crispy.