Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Recipe! I love the taste of alcohol in ice cream and in my humble opinion, there is no better pairing of vanilla ice cream and alcohol then gold old fashioned Kentucky Bourbon.
Adding fresh vanilla beans into your ice cream produces such a unique flavor that cannot be replicated with extract. Plus the beans look really cool in the final product!
Also the alcohol doesn’t freeze so it keeps the texture of your ice cream nice and smooth!
I am a huge fan of pairing bourbon vanilla ice cream with apple pie. The two are an absolute match made in heaven.
As always… Live to Eat!
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream (divided)
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Vanilla Bean (split and beans removed)
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Inverted Sugar (or substitute just regular sugar if you have to)
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Bourbon Alcohol
- Set aside 1 cup of heavy cream in a metal bowl resting in ice water
- In a medium saucepan combine 1 cup heavy cream, milk, vanilla bean stalk & beans, sugar, inverted sugar and salt and heat on medium.
- Continue to heat mixture until sugar dissolves and it starts to boil.
- Remove from heat, cover and allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Pour rested mixture over a fine strainer into the 1 cup of cream in the ice bath.
- Mix in bourbon and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.