Cinnamon and Sugar Coated Pretzel Chicken Bites Recipe: This baked appetizer is the perfect combination of salty and sweet! I have had pretzel coated chicken tenders in the past and they were nothing short of phenomenal. However, I felt that they would be much better in a bite sized form and thought that a little sweet addition would make the recipe all the better. And man was I right, but then again I usually am … just kidding!
The cinnamon and sugar compliment the salty crunch of the pretzel coating perfectly. Add a little honey mustard on the side and you have an A+ appetizer for your next party or gameday football event!
I also tend to gravitate toward recipes that are quick and easy to make. These pretzel chicken bites are no exception. They can be prepped in under 5 minutes and the bake time is only about 16 minutes. To save time you can prepare these the night before and simply throw them in the oven a few minutes before you are ready to serve.
Dipping the chicken in flour and allowing it to dry will make the pretzel coating stick to it like glue. And by baking them, the chicken bites come out unbelievably crunchy (not to mention sweet).
One of the things I like most about chicken is the ability to coat them with just about anything. One of my all time favorite chicken appetizers is my Honey Graham Cracker Coated Chicken Fingers. I find the salty-crunchy-sweet triad is a match made in heaven for chicken. This love affair was born at Planet Hollywood with their now famous Captain Crunch Coated Chicken Tenders!
Don’t be afraid to experiment yourself with new flavors to put on your chicken appetizers. Then do me a favor and visit CookingDivine.com and let me know about them, I would love to see how they come out!
Live to Eat!
- 1 Pound Chicken Tenderloins
- ½ Cup Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups Thin Salted Pretzels
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl add the flour and salt and mix well.
- Cut the chicken tenderloins into 1 inch pieces and coat generously in the flour. Set aside to dry (1 minute).
- Finely crush the pretzels in either a freezer bag or in a mortar and pestle bowl.
- Add the crushed pretzels into a separate bowl and mix in the cinnamon and sugar.
- Whisk the eggs in a third bowl.
- Dip the flour chicken pieces into the egg and then allow the excess to drip off.
- Roll the floured and egged chicken bites into the sugar, cinnamon pretzel mix and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then turn over the chicken bites and bake an additional 8-10 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked and the outside is crunchy and brown.
- Serve with honey mustard or your favorite dip.