Roasted garlic mashed potatoes are a perfect side dish for the garlic lover in all of us. This recipe is super simple to make and comes out absolutely delicious. But then again, what isn’t delicious with garlic? I’d put that stuff in my cereal!!!
Roasting garlic takes some time but it is well worth it. Once ready, the garlic becomes soft and in this case is added to the potatoes, but you can also use it to spread across bread drizzled with olive oil for a hearty snack.
It also goes great with a nice juicy steak!
Live to Eat!
- 4 Large Russet Potatoes
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream
- ½ Cup Milk
- 8 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Salt (more to taste)
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper (more to taste)
- 1 Large Garlic Bunch (full head garlic)
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees
- Cut garlic head across the top to reveal tops of garlic cloves.
- Drizzle garlic with olive oil.
- Place garlic in tinfoil and fold over so that it is covered.
- Bake garlic in oven for 40-60 mins (until the garlic becomes soft and mushy)
- Meanwhile boil a large pot of water.
- Peel and cube potatoes, add to boiling water.
- Boil potatoes for 20-25 minutes (until soft).
- Drain potatoes and return to pot.
- Spoon out roasted garlic and add to pot.
- Add sour cream, milk, butter, salt and pepper to pot.
- With electric mixer combine all ingredients until smooth.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste.