At the behest of my sister Ashley, I hit the laboratory (kitchen) and experimented with a low-calorie smoothie that she can make after her spin class. So Ashley – this one is for you! This honeydew and fresh ginger smoothie recipe is extremely quick and easy to make. If you want to drop another 30 calories off each serving then just substitute skim milk in place of the whole milk.
I am a big fan of smoothies, especially after you work up a nice sweat. The fruit always gives me a feeling of replenishment after a hard work out. Smoothies are also great for a mid-day snack to help you fight those hunger cravings, plus by sneaking a couple extra meals into the day you can get a good boost to your metabolism.
And as always …. Live to Eat! (and in this case healthily!)
- 2 Wedges of Honeydew Melon (1/4 of a large melon)
- 1 Banana (sliced)
- 6 oz Fat-Free Vanilla Yogurt
- ½ Cup Whole Milk (can sub skim)
- ½ Teaspoon Fresh Grated Ginger
- 6 Ice Cubes
- Add all ingredients (except ice) into blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Add ice cubes 1 at a time until well blended. (can add more ice if you want thicker)
- Can store in refrigerator up to 2 days.