Buttermilk Bacon Fried Chicken Tenders Recipe: Need we say more? If you are looking for the ultimate comfort food then you have come to the right place and the perfect post. These flavorful chicken tenders combine two of the greatest flavors in fried food – buttermilk and bacon!
Make sure you got your oil cooking nice and hot before dropping the chicken tenders into the pot. You want to make sure and weld that beautiful buttermilk crust to the chicken so that it doesn’t break apart. I always test my oil temperature by dropping a little of the flour coating into the pot, if it floats to the top and starts sizzling, then you are good to go!
And make sure you don’t forget to pick up some quality honey mustard sauce for dipping. BBQ is an acceptable alternative!
Live to Eat!
- 1½ - 2 Pounds Chicken Tenders
- 2 Cups Buttermilk
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Paprika
- 1½ Cups Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Cup Bacon (chopped)
- Canola Oil for Frying
- Combine the ingredients for the chicken marinade and let the chicken marinate 2 hours - overnight.
- Heat a pot of canola oil for frying (roughly 4 - 6 inches of oil)
- In a bowl: combine ingredients for the fried coating. Slowly add some of the buttermilk marinade to the dry mixture until it is slightly clumpy.
- Dip the chicken into the flour mixture and coat evenly.
- Fry in oil 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Let slightly cool on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Serve immediately.